Saturday, October 10, 2009

Gaga Should Wait Til Next Year

In 2010, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Phantom of the Opera sequel will premiere. Love Never Dies’ Brooklyn setting enticed an unanticipated audition.
Andrew Lloyd Webber: When you called, I was surprised. You’re an exceptional talent, but Nicole Scherzinger is involved with our music.

Lady Gaga: She’s super great, but we want this project. The House and I love baseball.

[Webber reacts with awkward silence]

Andrew Lloyd Webber: That’s an extraordinary dress you’re wearing.
Lady Gaga: Thank you so much. You never know what the visual is going to be that speaks to people and the House and I wanted fashion that would symbolize your vision. My mask is made from hats Gil Hodges and Duke Snyder wore. My top is a split replica, made from Jackie Robinson’s home and road rookie jerseys. My skirt is a replica of Roy Campanella’s glove that he used to catch Johnny Podres, when the Dodgers won the World Series and my heals are made from Branch Rickey’s desk.

[Webber reacts with awkward silence]

Andrew Lloyd Webber: I understand you wrote your own music?

Lady Gaga: Yes. You’re genius and vision really inspired me.

Andrew Lloyd Webber: Please proceed.

[Paparazzi music commences]

Lady Gaga: Ebbets is gone. All the fans have moved on. The Yankees are neat, but with the Sym-phony Band I felt complete. Loving them was Pee Wee Reese. Cause you know that baby I, I was their biggest fan. I followed them until they left me. Brook-lyn. Brooklyn Dodgers. Baby there’s no other franchise, you know that I could love. Brook-lyn. Brooklyn Dodgers.
Andrew Lloyd Webber: Cut, cut , cut.

[Paparazzi music ceases]

Andrew Lloyd Webber: Our story is set in Brooklyn, but the narrative and the premise is not baseball. What else can you tell me about Brooklyn?

[Lady Gaga reacts with awkward silence]

Andrew Lloyd Webber: Can you tell me about Coney Island?

Lady Gaga: Phoney Island? Does Alex Rodriguez live there?
Contributor: Platinum Smalls

No comments:

Post a Comment