Thursday, September 17, 2009

Baby Mama, Lady Gaga Talk Politics, Performances

On the MTV Video Music Awards, Lady Gaga acknowledged lifestyle and religion. On Parks and Recreation, Amy Poehler married two male penguins. The intentional and unintentional social statements were obvious subjects when the actress and activist met recently.
[Starbucks: Hollywood Boulevard]

[Amy Poehler is seated, reading and singing softly]

Amy Poehler: Can’t read my, can’t read my… No he can’t read my poker face…

[Lady Gaga enters. As she awaits service, she observes the actress]

Lady Gaga: Leslie Knope
[Poehler ceases reading and observes the singer]

Amy Poehler: Gaga. Are you here for a concert?

Lady Gaga: No. I’m going to the Raiders game.

Amy Poehler: Are you dating one of the players?

Lady Gaga: No. The house wanted a night off and with their fans, I can blend in.
[Poehler reacts with awkward silence]

Lady Gaga: So, I loved your show.

Amy Poehler: Thank you very much.

Lady Gaga: When you married those male penguins, it was a real statement for equal rights.

Amy Poehler: We were just trying to be cute.
Lady Gaga: Everyone was chanting your name. You were the queen.

Amy Poehler: Well, your acceptance speech really inspired me.

Lady Gaga: For God and the gays, baby.

Amy Poehler: Your politics and fashion are a perfect match.

Lady Gaga: Thanks. Did you see my performance?

Amy Poehler: It was very unique.
Lady Gaga: Thanks. Platinum Smalls hated it.

Amy Poehler: Is that your drummer you slept with?

Lady Gaga: No. He said we were live from the Phantom of the Opera House of Crack.

Amy Poehler: I know that place. Tina and I did two shows there.

[Lady Gaga reacts with awkward silence]

Lady Gaga: Well, I should go, but this was great. You should stop by the House.

Amy Poehler: The House of Gaga?

Lady Gaga: Yeah. We actually have a penguin print origami dress you could wear.
Contributor: Platinum Smalls

No comments:

Post a Comment