Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dimwit Owner Apologizes For Dimwit Who Called Dimwit Fans Dimwits

On Monday, Robert Henson twittered, “All you fake half hearted Skins fan can . . . I won't go there, but I dislike you very strongly, don't come to Fed Ex to boo dim wits!!”

On Tuesday, Owner Daniel Snyder addressed his rookie’s comments and apologized via a front page letter in the Washington Post.
Dear Redskins Fans,

The tradition of the Redskins is winning. Jack Kent Cooke won eighteen playoff games and three Super Bowls. I have won two playoff games. I sincerely regret these results. I sincerely regret that I have symbolized incompetent ownership. Robert Henson’s comments were misdirected. Deadspin’s headline ( “Dimwit Redskins Fans Don’t Like Dimwit Who Called Them Dimwits”) was misdirected.

Our fans are not responsible. You did not alienate veteran coaches with continual interference. You did not hire Steve Spurrier, who insulted more coaches than he defeated. You did not fire Norv Turner and implode our 2000 season, when we were in playoff contention.

You did not overpay old and overrated free agents such as Adam Archuleta, Laveranues Coles, Jeff George, Brandon Lloyd, Antwaan Randle-El, Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Shawn Springs, and Jeremiah Trotter. And you did not draft Jason Campbell, Rod Gardner, or Patrick Ramsey, each of whom had multiple pro bowlers selected within ten choices of them.

You are fans. You are doctors and lawyers who spend excessive amounts on the diluted drinks and stale pretzels our club seats serve. You are the Dead Tree Crew, who dinks themselves into oblivion and makes every game a regrettable experience for everyone around you. You did not request several seasons of inept management and mediocre football. Yet, I have provided several seasons of inept management and mediocre football.

When I purchased this franchise after my telemarketing success, I vowed I would succeed my way. Jerry Jones had denigrated an iconic franchise and won. I assumed I would also. The only difference has been Jerry has won seven division titles and three Super Bowls.

Sincerely,
Daniel M. Snyder

Contributor: Platinum Smalls

No comments:

Post a Comment