Thursday, August 6, 2009

Stan Speaks Truth to Lewis

For an elevated testosterone level (is his objective babies or baskets?), Rashard Lewis was suspended ten contests. Magic Coach Stan Van Gundy is clearly upset with this indiscretion, as evidenced by this partial transcript (which I was e-mailed by someone who chose not to read their own supplement labels)…
Rashard Lewis: First and foremost I take full responsibility for the situation and accept the corresponding penalty.
Stan Van Gundy: I’m thankful you were caught. Even without you we should eight of our first ten.
Rashard Lewis: I did not realize it included a substance banned by the NBA.
Stan Van Gundy: When did your cheating start?
Rashard Lewis: Toward the end of the season I took an over-the-counter supplement.
Stan Van Gundy: And someone couldn’t read you the label?
Rashard Lewis: I apologize for not doing the research that should come with good judgment.
Stan Van Gundy: You should apologize to your teammates. That supplement gave you minutes that should have gone to Mickael Pietrus.
Rashard Lewis: I hope this unintentional mistake will not reflect poorly on our team and its great character.
Stan Van Gundy: Lebron not shaking hands after game six looks better than this.


Contributor: Platinum Smalls

No comments:

Post a Comment