Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Favre’s Maxim: The World Revolves Around Me

On Tuesday, Brett Favre renounced retirement again. While virtually everyone anticipated this, Vikings Coach Brad Childress appeared shocked, as evidenced by this partial transcript (which was overheard by someone relaxing in their purple number four jersey)…
Brad Childress: Why’d your change your mind?
Brett Favre: The last month was very important.
Brad Childress: You had time to clear your head and think?
Brett Favre: No… Everyone was about me.
Brad Childress: I don’t understand.
Brett Favre: ESPN saying how can they win without Brett. Fox Sports reporting anonymous players said I would return. Papers charting the sale of my jersey…
Brad Childress: This month was about ego?
Brett Favre: This month made you realize my importance.
Brad Childress: Brett, you’re a Hall of Famer. But, I’ll remind you there’s no I in team.
Brett Favre: And I’ll remind you there are in victories, division titles, and rings. None of which are possible without me.

Contributor: Platinum Smalls

No comments:

Post a Comment