Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Favre's Finish: What About Me?

Brett Favre will remain retired (he may return, but not at this moment, but he could if circumstances were once again all about him)… According to Favre, this was the hardest decision he has ever made, as evidenced by this partial transcript (which was overheard by someone relaxing in their Wrangler jeans, after consuming a Prilosec OTC)…

Brett Favre: Brad?
Brad Childress: You ready for camp?
Brett Favre: I can’t do this… It’s not about me…
Brad Childress: Then why not?
Brett Favre: It’s not about me… You’re in the papers talking about Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson… What about me?
Brad Childress: Brett, I’m confused… Weren’t you returning to win a championship?
Brett Favre: Yes, I was returning so I could win a championship…
Brad Childress: And you would have…
Brett Favre: Yes
Brad Childress: And you still can…
Brett Favre: No, I can’t… This is your franchise…
Brad Childress: What will you do?
Bret Favre: My one hundredth day with Prilosec OTC…

Contributor: Platinum Smalls

No comments:

Post a Comment