Thursday, July 30, 2009

Manny, Ortiz Compare Quotes

According to the New York Times (all the noise that you’re forced to read), David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003. When the former teammates discussed these revelations, their conversation was contentious, as evidenced by this partial transcript (which I was e-mailed by someone identifying anonymous test samples)…
Manny Ramirez: We tested positive.
David Ortiz: Is this you being you?
Manny Ramirez: It’s on ESPN.
David Ortiz: It’s not like something that is happening right now…
Manny Ramirez: Are you as dumb as Tim McCarver? It’s on ESPN…
David Ortiz: I would suggest everybody get tested, not random, everybody. You go team by team.
Manny Ramirez: You were tested.
David Ortiz: In the past when it wasn't banned from the game
Manny Ramirez: I want no more [expletive] where they tell you one thing and behind your back they do another thing. I think I've earned that respect…
David Ortiz: All the drama, it doesn’t look good for the game.
Manny Ramirez: I don't want to be a problem and a distraction in such a critical moment of the season.
David Ortiz: I know that if I test positive by using any kind of substance, I know that I'm going to disrespect my family, the game, the fans and everybody, and I don't want to be facing that situation.
Manny Ramirez: Are you as dumb as Tim McCarver? You were tested positive.

Contributor: Platinum Smalls

No comments:

Post a Comment