Saturday, August 1, 2009

Derrick Mason: Reality Is My Motivation

Derrick Mason has joined the Brett Favre Brigade (I quit… I’m back… I quit… I’m back)… He has chosen another season and millions over anonymity and mindlessly throwing passes to himself on Madden NFL 2010

For those who haven’t watched ESPN, Mason’s statement and our translation are provided…
Mason: “It was a tough decision, but I think it was a good decision for me to come back. I needed to evaluate my life, football and my career. I still have an intense fire inside me, and I want to play. … I felt like I had left something undone, and I wanted to finish it. I believe this is a good example for my son and my daughter on how to be thoughtful and also follow through.”

(It was a tough decision, but I realized that I could make three million on the field or nothing on my couch. I needed to evaluate my life, football, and career and when I did, I recognized that football is my career and life and no one will remember me otherwise. I still have an intense fire inside me and I say that because it makes me sound committed and you could follow it with humming and it’s still the pull quote)

Contributor: Platinum Smalls

No comments:

Post a Comment